« Back to Programs
3:00p - 6:00p
7:00p - 10:00p
9:00a - 5:00p
Summer Day Camp
8:00a - 5:00p
Beacon is part of the Child Services program.
Police Athletic League Beacons
are school-based community centers serving children, youth, and adults. There are currently 3 PAL Beacons located in Brooklyn. Police Athletic League Beacons provide programs in the afternoons and evenings, on weekends, during school holidays and vacation periods, and during the summer.
The PAL Beacons are operated by qualified and experienced staff. The programs are guided by the mission and vision of the Police Athletic League. The specific program goals are to:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide activities that are engaging, challenging and promote healthy physical, emotional and social development.
- Include community events and drop in activities that provide opportunities for youth to develop skills and receive supportive services.
- Provide opportunities for youth to shape programs and services, exercise leadership and engage in service learning opportunities.
- Provide youth with positive adult role models and intergenerational activities.
Beacon must provide the following core service areas
- Academic Enhancements
- Life Skills
- Career Awareness
All programs comply with applicable New York State School Age Child Care (SACC) regulations. Services are free
to all participants.